Sunday, April 25, 2010

Zuni Wolves by a Son of Masters

As noted in the previous blog, I went out in search of a piece of one of the Zuni masters from the class of '75, '76, or '77, but I found myself completely snagged once again by the expert work and appealing animal subject of a son of two of those masters, Dennis and Nancy Edaakie. This spectacular bolo/ western buckle set is finely crafted in highly reflective sterling silver with inlayed stones which include abalone, mother of pearl, acoma jet, coral, and turquoise. Price $1200 for the set. Please click on image for better detail.

I made reservations to stay next weekend at the Inn at Holona, a B&B which is the only place for guests to stay at the Zuni Pueblo. I hope to return with an abundance of historical facts, a few choice photos, and much to blog about.